Friday, February 25, 2011

Gone

I didn't much feel like drawing today, I went to a funeral. My husbands cousin died in a tragic car wreck.... thus the sad, weird, crying, emoticon lookin' face. I don't want to get all philosophical on you, but honestly going to a funeral makes you very aware of your loved ones. My daughter for example. I can't.. don't want to imagine the kind of emotional turmoil that her parents are going through. I hardly knew Brandi, and yet I found myself crying at her memorial, partially because today would have been her 37th birthday, and that just seems too young to die, but also because I put myself in her parents position... and I don't think (as cliche' as it is to say) that ANY parent should have to bury their children. There should be a law... definitely should be a law against it...


No comments:

Post a Comment